Thanks again to 135by2012 for the Versatile Blogger Award.
The rules are to share 7 things about myself, and to pass on the award.
1. I have a PhD in linguistics, and did field work in Mexico in '94 and '95 with native speakers of Meso American languages. Wow that seems like a lifetime ago!
2. I am an only child. Not a spoiled brat, really :) but I did get used to a lot of "me" time and space.
3. I was a DJ on a college radio station.
4. I lived in Louisiana in the 90's.
5. I make awesome homemade pizza and have been perfecting it for 20 years.
6. I took piano lessons for many years and accompanied the school chorus and school plays.
7. I am in "teenage love" with Rob Pattinson. If I admit that, I can admit anything.
I will pass the award on to 1. Goodbye Fat Girl, who is making progress and has snappy posts. 2. Julie, who not only is kicking some serious weight loss butt, but also seems to have a very kind heart, which beats skinny any day of the week, and 3. Vee, who has many struggles, but continues to post and strive for better.
Happy weekend everybody!
- Cathy Yonek
- Pittsburgh, PA, United States
- Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.