About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Disbelief

Yesterday I made it through my karate test. It was actually an awesome experience, and there was no need for me to be such a crybaby about it. I broke my board on my first try (elbow strike) and performed adequately otherwise. When I am notified that I "passed" I can buy a new uniform with green trim, which I desperately need since my current uniform is way too big and I look like Ebenezer Scrooge in his nightgown in it.
After the test I treated myself to some lunch at Texas Roadhouse with the kids. Nothing too crazy (petit filet with sweet potato, no butter), but I did have one roll, and a 10 oz draft beer.
So today when I got on the scale and saw 171.5 I could not believe it. I actually thought "Damn! 177.5, that roll put 4 lbs on me (lol)." Got on the scale and yes it is true ... 44 ugly lbs gone! I feel great!

3 comments:

135by2012 said...

YES! We knew you would do great with your test. I am so impressed you can break a board with an elbow strike. I can only break a board with a chainsaw. LOL!

AND SUPER BIG HIGH FIVE for 44lbs GONE!! You are doing FANTASTIC.

Julie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is Awesome!! You go girl. I am so proud of you!! Keep it up, it won't be long and you'll be exactly where you want to be. So COOL.
Take care and have a blessed afternoon.

Julie said...

Oh by the way I forgot to tell you, congrats on your test too. I knew you could do it. I just knew it. Can't wait to see you in your new green trimmed outfit. :)