About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Life

I haven't posted much lately, we have had 2 deaths in my husband's family. His brother's wife died a week and a half ago, at age 47, after a long illness. My mother in law died Thursday, also after a long illness. My mother in law was a very difficult person to deal with, yet of course my husband will miss her.

On the plus side, we have had a houseful of relatives, and my kids have handled it well. I am especially proud of my older son, who has a developmental delay and has a hard time with changes in routine.

Time for exercise has been minimal. I have not been overeating, but have not been careful with what I eat .... grabbing things like a slice of veggie pizza for breakfast. Like all things it will pass.

No matter how long we live, life is damn short, my friends.

4 comments:

Jo said...

Indeed it is! We had a death this week, too, and it makes me not want to waste any more time getting healthy.

I admire your goal of 111. I think 130 is never coming for me!

135by2012 said...

Sorry to hear about the deaths in your family. I am glad your children are dealing with the family invasion well. Hang in there.

Mike said...

Life is short. Sometimes the fragility of life gives perspective. It does for me. Living life to the fullest is about health, family and friends. Make each day worth living for.

Starting At 500 Pounds

FatAngryBlog said...

I am so sorry to hear of the losses you and your family has suffered.