About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sprucing Up

I have definitely been cruising at the same weight for about a month now ... hovering between 40 and 42 lbs lost. At 175, of course I still want to lose more weight. However, at this time I am questioning if I am willing to change my diet further. I am not 100% sure of the answer. I feel good. I look pretty good, although no one will mistake me for a supermodel. I have been very committed to exercise in the past month, so my fitness levels are improving.
Although I will continue to weigh myself daily, since gaining weight is absolutely not acceptable, I am not going to obsess over losing for a little while, at least.

In other news, we bought new living room furniture lately. Our couch looked like it belonged in a frat house, it was so beat. Now that our kids are getting a bit older, I am ready to put some time and effort into making the house look nice. Although we are definitely not hoarders, we have our clutter like many people. I am putting my house on a diet.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I like that, a house diet. Mine has been on one too. Slow but sure we'll all be healthy.
Take care my friend. Have some catching up to read. God Bless!