About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ten

I am definitely feeling some stagnation in my weight loss. I still plan to log my food intake, but now that spring is coming, I am going to focus on exercise and fitness. Not because I think that exercise is key for losing weight, but for the overall motivation and energy that it imparts.

I am up to 10 (non consecutive) minute of jogging during a 30 minute session on the treadmill. I know that sounds pretty pathetic, but believe me when I say I have always been the opposite of a runner. Even as a kid, I could barely run. At some point this year, I plan to run a 5K.

Oh, I am so ready for spring!

2 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

That is not pathetic at all!! I am so not a runner so I can appreciate that! Eat well, continue to exercise and if the weight wants to come off, it will! :-)

Julie said...

I didn't think it was even possible to run. Me run, that was funny. Now it's just happening. I won't say it'll stay but it does feel good. 10 minutes is excellent by the way. There are days I can't even get that in and others days I can.
When I hit 165 or so I'm not dieting any more, then it'll be just tone and learn to live.
Take caer my friend. God Bless!!