About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, April 18, 2011

12

I finally got to Kohl's to buy new jeans/pants. And not a moment too soon. Losing weight and having your clothes get looser is cool. Having pants so baggy you constantly look like pooped your pants? Not so much.

I am a solid size 12, which is great. Every pair of 12's I tried on fit. Some looked good and some looked crappy but they all fit. Last summer I was busting out of my size 16, and just could not face the thought of buying 18. For the first time in a long time I am looking forward to buying some new clothes for the summer.
Who knows? Maybe next fall I will be buying 10's ....

3 comments:

E. Jane said...

Wow! I'm so glad I found your blog again. You have really made progress. I love your photos. Congrats!

135by2012 said...

That is great! I am sure you will be in those 10's in no time :)

Joy said...

I am so with you on the baggy clothes!! It's awesome and frustrating at the same time. Also very expensive. I went to Kohl's last weekend and found they had a lot of wrap around blouses. Will be great for weight loss!

Keep up the great work and stay focused!