About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

16

Yes, I saw a number beginning with 16 on the scale just now. I admit, I ate less than usual today because my stomach is bothering me. Still, I declare it valid!
169.5 -- I have not been under 170 since before I got pregnant with my first son, in 1998.
My goal is to reach 159 ("normal") by June 30. That would be 56 pounds lost in a year. I am also participating in Colleen's #SBRChallenge on Twitter, where my 16 week goal is to lose 15 lbs (taking me to 155). These are very reasonable goals, dependent on losing weight at a rate of 1 lb per week. However, meeting them will require a consistent approach. I am feeling up for it!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Congrats on the low number and I am jealous. I hope to be down there some day. Have a great day.

Jo said...

Doesn't it feel great when we enter a new "decade?" You are doing great!

135by2012 said...

YES!!! Way to go! You can make it to lose those last 15lbs.