About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Routine

After 3 weeks of upheaval, I am back to "normal" life, and routine, and really it could not come a minute too soon.

I am up a few pounds, but I will wait to see how things settle out this week before I consider it a setback. My guess is after a few on track days I will back where I was a few weeks ago, which was .5 lbs off from 45 lbs lost.

I know that part of weight loss is to have the flexibility to deal with unexpected circumstances, but the truth is I am a very introspective person, and when I have more "human activity" than I am accustomed to I have a difficult time pushing myself into the weight loss zone. I am confident though that I can achieve maintenance in a variety of circumstances, and that in itself is valuable.

My goals for the week are 1) log food daily to myfitnesspal, 2) workout 6 days and 3) blog daily even though I may have little to say.

To finish here is a picture of my son on his 8th birthday. So adorable I could eat him up!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Such a handsome son you have there. Having the plan and sticking to it will get you to your goal. You've come so far that I know you'll make it.
Take care and have a great and sucessful week. God Bless!!