About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Reminder

10 days ago I reached a new low and broke into the 160's. Today, I am 6 lbs up!
I gained a bit of weight over the Easter holiday, which was not unexpected. Last week however, I fell into a funk. I honestly didn't have the impression that I was eating like crazy, but I hardly exercised, was suffering from allergies, and was generally in a melancholy mood (for a few reasons I won't go into here).

This past weekend I got back on track with exercise and yesterday began tracking all my food again on myfitness pal.

Truthfully, I am not feeling as negative about this as you might expect. It is a reminder to me that I can never go back to my old ways, no matter how "normal" they seemed, and probably always will seem. The extra pounds should fall off fairly easily with proper diet and exercise, and then I am still reaching for a goal of 165 by May 31.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Pretty much the same has happened to me. But life gets in the way sometimes, and we have to get back on the wagon. I like your attitude. No blame, just back to the plan.

Kold_Kadavr_flatliner said...

You go, girl! Kick-ass!! Meet me in Heaven, gorgeous, where I'll kiss your adorable feet for eternity. God bless you.