About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Friday, June 24, 2011

11

I dropped under 11 minutes for my first mile, when I ran 5K the other night. New record for me! On the not-so-good news front, my weight is up. I am updating myfitnesspal to reflect it. There is no mystery to it ... I have stopped rigorously tracking calories. Either I want to track my food and lose more weight, or stick with where I am at. It is up to me.

I did have a doctor appt yesterday, with a new doctor, and I really like him. He is very thorough and personable. My blood pressure was excellent -- 110 over 70, and I had my first EKG, which was also normal. Still waiting on blood test results. Overall, he declared me healthy. I am very bad about going to the doctor, so this was my first trip in years. I don't plan to cut corners on that in the future. I am officially "over the hill", although I foresee many good years ahead.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Gotta take care of yourself so keep going to the doctor for those check ups. I'm not faithful in going either but I do every 3-4 years. Well I do have to have my blood drawn each year for my thyroid so my name crosses my doctors desk once a year.
Take care and have a blessed weekend.