About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Best and Worst

On Saturday I had one of my worst 5K times ever. I blamed it on a combination of breaking in new shoes, and losing headway over vacation.
On Monday I had my best 5K ever! Under 34 minutes for the first time. It is definitely key for me to eat as little as possible before going to the track.
Tonight I had an OK run, but more importantly, I am getting back in the groove of exercise.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Oh yeah preparation is key...Also I find my attitude needs to be right as well. Way to go on 34 minutes. I clocked in at my personal best at 44 minutes. I have a long way to go to catch up with you!! You are amazing!

Keep focused!!