About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Now

I weighed in at 175.5 today. Yes, it is a bit dismal that that is 6 lbs up from my lowest weight in the spring, but I can only start from now. I can't start from the past. Had 2 good eating days in a row, and got to the track tonight to break in my new Asics.

My biggest weakness calorie-wise is booze. I am back to no wine on weekdays. I had really started getting lax with a glass of wine almost every night. When vacation ended it was a good point to eliminate that habit. Although wine can be healthy in moderation, I don't think it will ever be a good idea for me to indulge in it daily, even if I reach my ultimate goal weight.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Ouch! Get those pounds off before they become attached to you! (I am working on getting off 5 myself.) Let's go!