About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Routine

Just returned from a really fun vacation to Williamsburg/Delaware beaches. I gained about a pound ... I am guessing the bigger meals were offset by no snacks and LOTS of walking and swimming.

Over the past few months, I have lost a little ground, and have updated myfitness pal to reflect it. From a low of 169, I am now up to 178. I know getting back to the routine of the school year will help me get back on track. Yes, I know technically I should be able to lose weight no matter what, but I allowed the hectic schedule of the summer, combined with lots of houseguests, to have an impact.
I love summer, but I love fall as well, and I am looking forward to more progress on the weight loss front.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am posting a beach pic of myself. Not the worst ever, but I am planning for better in 2012.


2 comments:

SO FAT 4 NOW said...

Cathartic, and all looks great...

Julie said...

You look great. I'm working on the exercise full force once school starts back up. Summer is just so hard and I really thought it would be easier, NOT!!
Take care and thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed and awesome week.