About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Change

I have been thinking about changing my blog up a bit, to focus not only on weight loss but some other aspects of my life as well ... all centering around living a healthier, more engaged life.
Right now I am merely dwelling on a new title for the blog, and may come back tonight to tweak it.
In the meantime, I am still hanging in there at 172.5, which I suppose is my "other" magic number. I did get back to the gym last night, as I am completely over my sinus problems, and had a decent run/walk on the treadmill. I think I was pushing myself a bit too hard with exercise (considering my schedule/age/etc), not in terms of intensity -- I consider intensity a good thing, but in terms of number of days and number of workouts per day. Following up Jillian Michaels Shred immediately with Brazil Butt was pushing it.
My goal for March will be to run (treadmill or track) 2x per week, Jillian Michaels Shred 2x per week, and a bit of the Brazil Butt workout on the weekend. I need 2 rest days, and I am going to give them to myself. As the weather improves some hiking, skating or swimming with the kids will be an awesome rest day activity.

2 comments:

E. Jane said...

It sounds like you are in a bit of transition. Good for you for hanging in with weight and pursuing exercise. You blog idea soundsd great!

Munchberry said...

Shred then Brazillian? You are crazy girl!

If the blog's name does not fit anymore, time to shake it up. Looking forward to seeing what you choose and why.