About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Not Bad

I had an excellent food day yesterday. It makes me realize how I have been kidding myself that my "not bad" days are good enough. They are good enough for general health, and maintenance, but not for weight loss.
If I keep my calories below 1500, exercise pretty rigorously, keep protein up and sugar down, I will get to 165, which is my level I goal.

I am definitely back in the groove of working out. I moved up to Jillian Michaels Shred, Level II, and it is a bitch! Alot of plank work, which is very demanding. I am mixing it up with the treadmill, and the Brazil Butt workouts. Today is a rest day, and wow do I need it.

1 comment:

carla said...

YAY for the groove.
we got this today too.
right? :)
MizFit