About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stay the Course

Woke up today to 171.5. This is very much a pattern for me on Saturdays, to be 1 lb lighter, even after my weekly (homemade) pizza and white wine Friday. Now the key will be to drink lots of water and monitor calories and salt over the weekend, and I should be off to a good start for a better weigh in next Friday.
My goal recently was to workout 6 out of 7 days, but I really think my body needs 2 rest days .. not unusual in your 40's. So I am going to bump up intensity when I workout but keep it to 5 days per week.

2 comments:

Just me said...

I just found your blog and I love it!! I also just started a weight loss blog and I would love some more readers to hold me accountable. Check it out http://watchmeshrinkydink.blogspot.com/

carla said...

I definitely need to rest LOTS more as I age, too.



MizFit