About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Rules

Here are the rules I have been trying to adhere to the past few weeks.

1. Eat what I really like.
2. Don't eat what I don't want.
3. If I want something that is non food related, have that and don't substitute food.
4. If I want something that is non food related, and for some reason I cannot have it, substitute something other that food. Example : if I am bored at work, but cannot leave, I can get up to get water, I can make tea, I can just walk around, etc


Yes, #1 sounds dangerous, but it really isn't. There aren't that many things I *really* like, and many of the things I do are either healthy or else I can be happy with a little bit. I do have goals related to calories and content of food, but will not rehash them here, as I have talked about them many times, and at some point you have to learn to trust yourself. There are a few things I must avoid because they send me into a feeding frenzy (low cal crackers and hummus at work yesterday), but luckily for me, not many.

I did well with 1-4 the past couple of weeks, but not so hot the past couple of days. To have these types of guidelines work well, you really do have to focus and recommit every single day. What better day than today?

Do you have rules?

1 comment:

Munchberry said...

I think that is a great plan. Sometimes you end up eating the darn house trying not to eat that one thing you really want. If it turns out to be a bingy thing, well, mark that up as something not safe to indulge in.