About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sleeping At Last

Research shows that sleeping well is important for weight loss, as well as a host of other health and wellness issues. For quite some time, I have been waking up stiff and sore, and attributed it to getting old. But hey! I am only 44. Do I have a potential 40 more years ahead, feeling this way? Then it dawned on me, that it could simply be my crappy old mattress. So, we have plans to buy a new one, but in the meantime we flipped the mattress, and presto! I have been sleeping better already. Well, actually this past week I slept poorly a few nights, but it was unrelated to the mattress. The past two nights I slept well, and it is an attitude-improver.

Lowest number on the scale this week was 171. I would rather lose .5 lbs and keep it off, then lose a few pounds and bounce back up (plus more), so I am more than ok with it.

Sleeping at Last is also the name of a band that sings the song Turning Page, from the latest Twilight movie. Wow, what beautiful piano. I am buying the sheet music this weekend.

No comments: