About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vitameatavegamin

Historically I have had low iron. Last week I gave blood, and I was just at the cutoff where you are allowed to give. The experience was literally draining! I have a made renewed effort to take vitamins daily -- C, B complex, Iron and E.
My last set of bloodwork from the doctor showed no abnormalities, except my B12 was low. I am so damn lazy about taking vitamins. I usually do it for a few days then quit.
What is your vitamin routine?

3 comments:

Munchberry said...

Did you know spinach, soy and a few other foods block absorption of iron? So does red wine, tea and coffee (if you drink them when eating iron rich foods).

I sometimes take an iron supp. no other vitamins. I have low iron.

Carbie Girl said...

I'm the same way when it comes to vitamins so I'm afraid I wont be of much help in advice but I think part of my problems are that there are so many to choose from and I have to buckle down and do my research! Good luck with your vitamin routine :)

Nanette said...

I have fallen off the horse with my vitamins when I switched to a multi that makes me barf. However, having replaced that...

Now I take Omega3, B12, Women's Multi, A+C complex and zyrtec every morning. I have 5 shot glasses. I put each type of pill in a each shot glass and then just do shots in the morning. Sometimes I take another B12 if my carb cravings are crazy.

But I'm a college student... making it less about vitamins, more about doing a shot in the A.M. makes it a little more fun. :)