About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Week from Hell

The past 10 days have been relatively dreadful. My older son, who has a developmental disability, has been going through a phase where his compulsive behaviors have increased considerably ... to the point where it is becoming an issue in school. He has been at a school for kids with language based learning disabilities for about 2 years, with almost no complaints. The thought of going back to the cycle of complaints from school is causing me a huge amount of anxiety. With that, focus at work and sleeping well, amongst other things, suffers.

Yes, the grass is not greener, and everyone has their problems, but sometimes, wouldn't you like to trade your own monotonous problems for someone else's?

On the plus side, the scale has not treated me too badly, considering I ate lunch out 3 times last week, dinner out once, and we had a party last night, where I indulged in a few manhattans. I will post my weight tomorrow.

No comments: