About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

All About Moi

This is a popular post right now, just saw it on Jane's blog.


1. My parents told me… I was brilliant. My mom still thinks I am the smartest person on Earth.


2. I wanted to grow up to be a… writer. I used to write stories on that small brown paper we used in school in the 70's.

3. I refused to eat… liver. I used to sneak it to the dog.


4. My favorite thing to do outside was… play by the creek and the railroad tracks with my friends. Today that sounds like a dangerous activity for 8 year old girls, but this was the old days.


5. I broke my… nothing, ever.


6. I liked to wear…I had white boots when I was little girl. I cried when I outgrew them. They were slick.


7. My parents always… treated my friends really well. After high school graduation, my friends went to visit my parents even when I wasn't home.


8. I thought that Santa was… ? I stopped believing in Santa pretty early on.


9. My favorite cartoon was… Superfriends. Oh yeah, I coveted Wonder Woman's sexy boots too.



10. I was the… quiet, smart girl with no social skills.


11. I got in trouble when… I played with matches. LOL, is that cliche!


12. My bedroom was… pink because my mom liked that color. I was an only child and I had a double bed. I loved to escape to my room to read and just think.


13. My favorite food was… Kraft Mac n Cheese.


14. My parents always made me… ? not much, they were lenient.


15. My first crush was… the boy next door, his name was Vince. Oh he was cute. And a bad boy.


16. My favorite toy was… Girder and Panels building sets.


17. I thought school was... boring. I always did really well in school, but it never really challenged me. And I had a hard time navigating the social scene until 9th grade.


18. My biggest fear was… Nuclear War. If you fear, fear big!


19. My favorite story was… the Little House on the Prairie series. I wanted to be a pioneer girl.


20. My favorite memories… a lot of good memories with my parents ... I was an only child but they had a lot of friends that were in and out of our house. Lots of good conversations in the kitchen over beers (for the adults, not me).

Comment if you have a similar post!

1 comment:

Munchberry said...

AH! When I read about your missing your white boots I thought - I bet she loved Wonder Woman!

I liked LHOTP too. The books. I could not stand to watch it because I always wanted to pound Nelly. I guess the girlt hat played her annoyed me more than the actual book character - but she did too.

So nice to have a good relationship with your parents.