3 Good Things:
1. Although I didn't lose weight this week, my low weight was 171.5, which was not nearly as bad as I had expected.
2. I had my fastest mile yesterday at the track, since I got back to running outside. My overall 5K time is still pretty terrible, compared to last summer, but I have lots of time to improve.
3. I am starting to think taking vitamins is helping to relieve my body stiffness in the morning. A few months ago, I would be nearly incapacitated for the whole morning, because my hips were so stiff, when I "slept in" on a Saturday (sleeping in means getting up after 7 am these days). I am taking a gummy multi, vitamin E, B complex, C and an iron pill.
- Cathy Yonek
- Pittsburgh, PA, United States
- Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.