About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hiding

It has not been a great couple of weeks, for weight loss.
Last week I did not meet my goal to drop below 170. I am not sure what I will weigh tomorrow, but guess it will be more than last Friday.
I travelled with the kids over the weekend to visit my mom. I did not really overindulge, and even worked in a 5K, but it still was too much to expect a loss.

When I get in this cycle, I feel like I am hiding ... from my own life. It is easier to come home from work and forget what makes me unhappy and bored, via a glass of wine, than to stay focused on what I need to do to lose weight.

I am more or less 5 lbs away from my 1st goal, and have been for a year. This goal is not extreme. When I reach it, I will still be a few pounds overweight "by the charts". Yet I get in my own way, and it remains elusive.

Humans, we are a funny animal.

1 comment:

Nanette said...

No need to get down about it, right? When we look at our goals, we have two options, to be intimidated by them or to take them on.

So it's time to go motivation hunting. Why do you want to lose that 5lbs? What will you look and feel like? How are you going to lose them? Double up on work outs? Eat one veggie only meal a day for a week or so? Cut out booze? Up hydration? CHange up your work out? How will this -5lbs benefit you?

You can do this. You can get past the hiding/avoidance. You have the power to stay concentrated and make good choices. :) Tell us... what motivates you?