About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mind Games and Crutches

When I was working out with my trainer the other evening we were talking about how great I did with following a food plan about 2 years ago when I worked with him previously. The difference? There was no doubt in my mind that I could and would do it. Whatever he asked me to do I would do (within reason, I never did hit the protein intake he recommended, simply too high for me). Now, I have a "can't" mentality. Why? I am not sure. But the reality is that I have begun to rely on food again as an emotional crutch. Not to the degree I used to, but it is definitely a pattern. My plan for this week is simply to not eat like a hog. Compared to the holidays, it should be fairly easy. Next week I will track my food without trying to make drastic alterations. And then I will tweak to up protein/lower sugar.

2 comments:

Carla Birnberg said...

totally plan PERFECTION, too.


MizFit

Debbie said...

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. Wow you are doing great. Keep up the good work.