About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Motivation

I am not a big believer in looking for motivation, but instead creating a plan, and sticking to it. However, sometimes motivation comes unexpectedly. I ordered 2 Prana items through Zappos. Prana has nice quality clothing in styles I like -- a little pricey, but worth it. I ordered size Large, which fits me in most brands. I don't need extra large anymore, and can occasionally fit into a Medium. Well, the sweater dress fits, but it too tight to look good. Now this pissed me off (at myself of course) ... over the summer, 10 pounds ago, I would have looked awesome in this dress!. The hoodie is also a tad tight. Just gives me motivation to stick to my plan! I am not returning them. A strange bit of motivation ... for some reason Jillian Michaels in Extreme Shed and Shred looks fantastic to me. Now I have been looking at her for years, and yeah of course she is fit, but for some reason in this DVD all I could think was "I want to look like that!" No, I probably won't get to that level, but still, it encourages me to workout to tone up. Don't require motivation, but take it when it comes .....

4 comments:

Nanette said...

I like that so much. I fight the motivation fight all the time. Trying to hit my stride again... but I guess the fact is, I had a stride because I just did it. I didn't over think. I just DID.

You're going to get into that dress and you're going to look amazing! Dare you to post photos!

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

I get your pain. I totally liked the way I looked in some clothes 8 months ago, that now I look lumpier. We'll get it back. We'll enjoy our fashion again....

TorontoRunner said...

Hi!
I totally agree with you - it's not necessarily motivation we need, instead, it's a commitment!

Christine said...

ditto...know what you mean. I find motivation the exact same way. You'll get there.