About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Tracking

I am pleased that I met my workout goals this week. 6x Monday : 1st workout with trainer Wednesday : 5K on treadmill Thursday : Jillian Michaels Shred Friday: Brazil Butt Saturday : Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed and Shred Sunday : 5 miles at track Today I kept my calories at about 1400 (right on), and sugar at 41 g, which is ok. Fat was a little high, due to 3 oz steak at dinner, and protein a little lower than I would like. But overall, I feel a sense of control. To lose weight I have to stick to 1400-1500 calories per day. It doesn't seem like much. At 175 pounds it seems like it would take more to maintain my weight. But I am 45 and alas, age matters. I can eat fine at 1400 calories. It is all habit. But of course it does not allow for much wiggle room. The Extreme Shed and Shred is soooo hard, but a lot of fun. Not just the basic weight moves, but some kick boxing, yoga and capoeira thrown in as well.

2 comments:

Christine said...

age does matter...there is very little wiggle room for me anyways. Your workout schedule looks great. I should write mine down to motivate me.

Carla Birnberg said...

GO YOU ON THE GOALS!!!!!

here's to a kicka** week ahead,too.

MizFit