About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Truthiness

I updated myfitnesspal stats to reflect my true current weight. Surprisingly, it was not that anxiety-provoking to up my weight by 10 pounds. When I first lost 40 lbs, I lost it the "right" way -- clean eating and working out. When I was down to 50 lbs lost, it was because of eating very little -- but very little junk. Yes, you can lose weight on wine and sugar. No, you should not! It was not sustainable, and so the weight returned. I am ready again to do it the right way.

1 comment:

Christine said...

always feels good to be honest...If you did it once, you can do it again.