About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Week in Review

All in all, not a bad week. I will only get 5x exercise in, instead of 6. Bad planning on my part, as I forgot I was going out to dinner on Friday, and took a rest day on Monday. I was going to double up on exercise today, but the truth is my body is tired, and I don't want to push it too much. I tracked my food on myfitnesspal, and while my calories were ok, my sugar was too high. I have a better plan for the coming week, and am excited about it. Aiming for 80 g protein per day, and no more than 45 g sugar. I lost 3 lbs this past week, but hard to be revved up about that when I am still 11 above my lowest weight. Still, no choice but to move forward from where I am.

1 comment:

Allan Marsh said...

From time to time I am trying different diets. When I start new diet, it is always harder for me to keep the rythm of my trainings. However, I've discovered an effective way to improve my overall well-being and increase energy for more intensive workouts. It's a dietary supplement Multipurpose High-Potency Super Nutritional Complex by Military Grade. It contains a bunch of vitamins and other natural compounds which quickly refill my energy supply. I could never expect such an outstanding result! I am full of energy, even after tough workouts. Moreover, because of more intensive trainings I am losing weight and keeping great shape.