About Me

My photo
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Six years ago I decided (age) 42 would be my magic number. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a LONG time. It was a BIG number, it was a SCARY number, but mostly I knew I had to own that number. I lost 40 pounds, leaving the obese category behind. In 2014 I committed myself to working out HARD and a low sugar diet, losing more weight and gaining nice definition. Then life happened, and I lost momentum, gaining some weight back. My goals now are different, and include completing my first ever marathon at age 48. GULP! You can read about the next part of my journey here.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Working Out

I decided to work out with my trainer again once per week. Tonight was my first night, and not a great way to start out. I got almost no sleep last night, had a rare bout of insomnia, and have a bit of a cold coming on. Still, I gave it all I had, and ended up feeling really wiped out and a little weak and clammy, which I consider a plus! My goals for the week are to work out with weights 2 more times, do one round of Brazil Butt, and do treadmill twice. I need to work on food planning as well, but will leave that for next week. One thing at a time ....

1 comment:

Allan Marsh said...

In order to be prepared for the most tough workouts I am trying to make my food as rich in nutrients as possible. Still, our everyday life sometimes does not allow receiving all vitamins and minerals from the food we take. I have read the article about nutritional supplements; it stated that supplements are necessary to support your body. After some research, I've decided to try military grade nutritionals - supplements which i considered natural and safe. Within 1 month I have already noticed the results. My tone went up, I was sleeping much better and my energy increased considerably. Now I am feeling better and stronger than ever before.